1914/15 Star & Naval Memorial Scroll to HMS Pathfinder - An early casualty on the First Ship torpedoed in 1914
GBP £ 225.00
Availability: IN STOCK
Product code: 52529
Weight: 501 g
- 14500 C.D.STONE O.SIG RN (on star)
- ORD.SIG. Cecil Douglas STONE, HMS PATHFINDER (on Scroll)
- Born St.Martin-in-the-Fields, London 1896.
- Joined the Royal Navy as a Boy 16/10/11.
- KIA NORTH SEA 5/9/14 when HMS Pathfinder became the first ship ever to be sunk by a locomotive torpedo fired by submarine, the German U-21 commanded by Kapitänleutnant Otto Hersing.
- See: www.historyscotland.com/articles/features/the-tragedy-of-world-war-one-cruiser-hms-pathfinder
- With supporting documentation.
- Condition: Scroll in Good Condition, in old glazed wooden frame (approx.11" x 15").
- Star on long, original silk ribbon; obverse somewhat discoloured, otherwise NEF
- This lot will be well padded & securely packed for posting, or you can get a postage refund by arranging collection at a future medal fair.