British Line Regiments DCM and MM Awards 1914-1920 [Volume V] - A statistical break down, by Chris Bate & Howard Williamson as part of the MM Project (2022)
Limited edition of just 300 copies
Published in November 2022
This is the next instalment in the Distinguished Conduct Medal & Military Medal Project.
The 220 pages contain essential information for collectors, dealers, regimental historians, auctioneers, genealogists & military libraries.
This book represents the authors’ combined knowledge, expertise & analysis of all the DCMs and MMs undertaken over the last 25 years.
A definitive reference work that combines the figures for both decorations together at a glance.
In order to produce this work, which analyses over 146,000 awards, the authors have cross indexed & recorded circa 300,000 entries.
The MM alone required more than 260,000 checks because the London Gazettes had to be cross-indexed against the original MM cards & then against later Gazette corrections.
Its aim is to give serious collectors & researchers access to this information at relatively little cost and time.
The book includes the following statistics, which are published for the first time:
- A breakdown of all DCMs & MMs awarded to each individual regiment within the British Army
- The numbers awarded to each unit
- The numbers awarded for each campaign to every unit
- The number of individuals who were awarded both the DCM & MM, by unit
There's also more unique statistical information, particularly around the MM, as follows:
- The number of first bars & second bars awarded by country and by theatre of award
- The number of medals & first bars awarded under the terms of Army Order 193, including those brought to notice for escaping or attempting to escape, and for their services whilst a PoW
- A breakdown of gazetted MM awards by year for WW1
- A breakdown of gazetted awards of a first bar to the MM by year for WW1
- MM bar combinations for theatres of war outside France & Flanders
- The ratio of awards between line regiments & corps
- The proportion of MMs awarded by rank for WW1 to British line regiments
This publication might otherwise be titled 'How rare is your DCM or MM?’
Condition: New Hardback; A4 format on silk paper & thread sewn, to match the previous MM volumes in terms of size & quality.
NOTE: UK only price is £44.00 inclusive of UK Signed For P&P - please select 'UK P&P Inclusive' shipping option
** For overseas orders, please contact us first for special P&P rates **
Your order will be fulfilled by a third party
See also THE AWARD OF THE MILITARY MEDAL for the CAMPAIGN IN ITALY 1917-1918 [VOL IV] - by C.K.Bate & H.J.Williamson 2020 - Click Here
See also FOR BRAVERY IN THE FIELD - The Inter War Years 1919-1939 MM Recipients by C.K.Bate 2019 - Click Here